Design Connections Virtual
Tuesday, June 22 | 11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. EST
So many tradeshows are being postponed until fall, but the need for new products and solutions can’t be delayed.
That’s where the latest Design Connections Virtual comes in.
We’ll introduce you to the latest products entering the market and more importantly, discuss the current design movements that will last. Not the hot trend that will be in tomorrow’s waste bin, but those products and design elements which will stand the test of time. Our panelists and i+s editors will help us identify the styles we should embrace for the long term.
Join i+s and your peers for this dose of inspiration, networking, and valuable continuing education units. We’ll be taking a couple of hours to virtually host thought-provoking content (which earns credit through AIA and IDCEC) and targeted meetings with suppliers to give you the latest product information for your next project.
As always, Design Connections Virtual is free to attend, but space is limited. Apply to participate today! The process takes only a minute and we’ll notify you of your participation within 48 hours.
- Welcome + Networking Activity (11:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. EST)
- Trends That Will Last (CEU) (11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. EST)
- 1:1 Meetings (12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. EST)
February Event Recap
Much like the rest of the world, interior design looks very different today than it did prior to the pandemic. Many design firms remain closed while some are partially open, but one thing they all have in common: more designers are working from home than ever before.
But as businesses begin reopening as vaccines are being rolled out, the questions design firms must ask themselves are:
- How do we not only survive, but thrive in a post-COVID-19 era?
- How do we collaborate effectively with remote workers and expanding project teams?
- What do the future design studio and materials library look like?
- How do you effectively market the value of design services and manage client expectations in the current economic climate?
This year’s virtual Design Connections event answered those questions and others, as we explored our conference theme of The Business of Design in 2021.
Our lineup of expert panelists and presenters from major firms like Gensler, HOK, Studio O+A, Corgan, DLR Group, G2, Branch Pattern and more shared their visions of how the design industry can move forward in these uncertain times.
Check out Day 1: Working and Collaborating with Remote Employees
Key Takeaways from the Five-Day Event
From exploring digital collaboration tools to working with non-traditional stakeholders or shifting priorities for design firms to accommodate evolving models of service delivery to curating a digital materials library, attendees to Design Connections walked away with strategies and insights that helped them to be better equipped to move forward and grow their businesses.
A few key takeaways from this year’s panel discussions and presentations include:
- Create ecosystems of space with a compelling sense of purpose
- Develop remote and mobility profiling and procedures
- Technology integration and upgrades
- Address diversity and inclusion for all
- Incorporate wellbeing, sustainability and ergonomic solutions
- Understand the art, science and magic of selling design to clients
- Determine what to do before, during and after a sales pitch
- Identify and integrate third-party certifications into your materials library
Additionally, Design Connections attendees were able to meet one-on-one with manufacturers within the conference platform to discover new solutions and ideas for their design projects.
The five-day event also provided attendees the opportunity to network and meet with the i+s team to discuss the challenges they are facing and share best practices for how to overcome them.
Ready to attend our next one-day virtual event?
i+s Design Events
Don’t miss a thing! Check out our other upcoming events.